What the Hell is Going in on in Bahrain?
And to what extent is the U.S. implicated?
An evening discussion with Maryam al-Khawaja
May 7, 2013, at Vanderbilt Hall, NYU School of Law
- Lawrence Weschler, Director, NYU's New York Institute for the Humanities
- Maryam al-Khawaja, Acting director, Bahrain Center for Human Rights (01:32 – 37:41)
- Sarah Leah Witson, Director, Middle East Division, Human Rights Watch (38:49 – 52:33)
- Ruth Wedgwood, Johns Hopkins (52:38 – 1:01:46)
- Maryam al-Khawaja on the Shia situation (1:01:48 – 1:04:29)
- Aryeh Neier, President Emeritus, Open Society Foundations (1:04:29 – 1:14:38)
- Q&A (1:15:15 – 1:46:45)